This is a game system for the Cypher System family of games (Cypher System, Numenera, The Strange, Predation, Unmasked, Gods of the Fall, Vurt, Shotguns & Sorcery) by Monte Cook Games.
At its core, this system is just a rather simple digital character sheet. Included are dice macros for the usual rolls in Cypher games. Macros allow for customization of the macro bar and even customization of the macros themselves to use the Cypher system exactly like you need. This allows players and GMs to use any rules interpretation and house rule they could use at a physical table. If you can do it at the table, you can do it with this system. In addition, a pre-made tabletop scene and some tokens that can be used as markers are included in the system, so that your game is ready in a few minutes.
Documentation: Getting Started | User Manual | GitHub
- Support for Numenera and any Cypher System game (including Unmasked, Predation, and Gods of the Fall).
- An Unmasked mode in which you can switch between your Teen Form and Mask Form.
- An optional additional text field for your character sentence. You can use it for the Domain in Gods of the Fall, or to note down the flavor of your Type.
- Optional Power Shifts, including additional checkboxes for 1 Action Recovery Rolls. Handy for every superhero game, Gods of the Fall, or the Setting in Stay Alive!. The Power Shifts can be renamed to anything you like.
- An option for an additional pool, for people with the Luck Descriptor or the Datasphere in Numenera. This pool can be renamed to anything you like.
- A robust pre-made macro system which you can use to customize the game for your own needs.
- A pre-made scene of a tabletop. Play just like you do at a physical table!
- The Cypher System for Foundry VTT is available in English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), and Spanish.
Content from the Cypher System Reference Document
The Cypher SRD Compendium contains all the content from the Cypher System Reference Document.
The Cypher System Community Content module adds fan-made material you can use in your game. It also includes example PCs which showcase how to use different features of the system, which is a great way to learn it.
Install these modules only if you specifically need the functionality provided by these modules. I recommend playing a few times without them to see if there’s something missing for you. If you are startig out, use only the CSRD Compendium, open up the Cypher System Rulebook from there, and create a character or two. If you think something is missing, then and only then look at the modules.
The only modules I recommend if you are using tokens and maps are Bar Brawl and Drag Ruler. But even those are by no means essential.
These modules have been written specifically to expand the functionality of the Cypher System.
- Active Effects for the Cypher System
- Cypher System Character Creation Pack/Compendium (Note: The CSRD Compendium gives you everything you need. The Creation Pack is used to rigidly automate the character creation process, not to make that process easier. In fact, this module complicates using the system.)
- Cypher System Combat Tracker
- Cypher System Custom Sheets (Note: These are pre-made custom sheets you cannot customize. The base system allows you to customize the sheets with your own backgrounds & logos, but this functionality will be overwritten when using this module.)
- Nice(TSY) Cypher System Add-ons
Modules with Cypher System Integration
These modules come pre-configured with Cypher-specific functionality.
- Bar Brawl
- Drag Ruler
- Health Estimate
- Item Piles
- Party Overwiew
- Token Action HUD Cyphersystem for Token Action HUD Core
Support & Community
The Cypher FVTT Dev Discord is where the development of the system is coordinated and its future discussed, but anyone is welcome to join and share best practices, ask questions on how to use the system, and share self-created resources for your games.
You can also reach me on the official Foundry Discord or via Discord DM: @mrkwnzl.
Last, but not least, you can ask questions, file bug reports, and request features on GitHub.
Buy Me A Coffee
If the Cypher System for Foundry VTT makes your games more accessible and fun, I’m grateful for a coffee:
Cypher System Open License
This product is an independent production and is not affiliated with Monte Cook Games, LLC. It is published under the Cypher System Open License, found at http://csol.montecookgames.com.
CYPHER SYSTEM and its logo are trademarks of Monte Cook Games, LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. All Monte Cook Games characters and character names, and the distinctive likenesses thereof, are trademarks of Monte Cook Games, LLC.