Take the first step into an amazing world of fantasy adventure! Will you be a courageous fighter, charging headfirst into battle, or a sly rogue, moving quietly to strike at foes from the shadows? Maybe you will be a knowledgeable wizard, wielding incredible arcane spells or a wise and pious cleric, using the power of your deity to shape the world for the better. It is all up to you!
The Pathfinder Beginner Box contains everything you need to learn how to play the second edition of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game while simultaneously teaching you how to use Foundry VTT features. Lovingly converted by members of the Pathfinder Second Edition community and the Foundry Virtual Tabletop staff, with careful attention paid to modernise the content for use on a virtual tabletop while respecting the original work. Experience the Menace Under Otari adventure using the full suite of Foundry VTT features, using maps, tiles, tokens, sounds, and much more to bring you content which truly cannot be experienced in the same way anywhere else.
Purchase the Pathfinder Beginner Box
Using Journals, the Beginner Box for Foundry VTT has been redesigned from the ground up to guide and instruct users on how best to experience Pathfinder Second Edition and learn Foundry VTT features at the same time. Whether you are a veteran GM introducing your players to Pathfinder Second Edition for the first time, or a newcomer just starting out with tabletop RPGs, the Beginner Box is for you.
The Pathfinder Beginner Box for Foundry VTT includes:
- High-resolution character artwork and unique monster tokens for 56 Pathfinder bestiary creatures, 36 heroic characters, and 13 non-player characters.
- High-resolution, upscaled versions of the original maps.
- Two exclusive, highly detailed and immersive adventure maps with support for Foundry Virtual Tabletop's Overhead Tiles and Foreground Layer features, re-created by Narchy Maps using assets from Forgotten Adventures.
- More than 100 hand-curated journal entries containing revised instructions that teach you how to be a GameMaster or player using Pathfinder Second Edition for Foundry VTT.
- Scenes pre-configured with walls, lights, sound, tokens, and hazards already placed to provide GMs the most convenient experience running the adventure.
- Soundscapes provided as ambient playlists and local sound sources to immerse your players, mixed using audio from the Syrinscape library.
Installation and Activation
Purchasing this product from the Paizo store will grant you an activation code which can be used through your Foundry VTT account page to activate the content for installation. Access to the PDF version of the same content is available through your 'My Downloads' page on paizo.com. Afterwards you will be able to install the “Pathfinder Beginner Box” module from the Foundry Virtual Tabletop setup screen.
If you already own the Pathfinder Beginner Box PDF, a discount for its price will be applied at checkout.
After installing the module, it must be activated within a Game World. To do so:
- Access the Settings Sidebar tab
- Click "Manage Modules"
- Locate the "Pathfinder Beginner Box" Module, enable it, and save module settings.
After activation it should present you with the opened compendium, allowing you to choose which pieces of content you would like to import. Each importer has its own functions, so you can further tailor the module's content to meet your expectations. For example: the "Use Beginner Box Monsters" toggle on the Menace Under Otari import allows you to choose whether you prefer to use the simplified creature statistics from the beginner box, or the more complex stat-blocks native to the broader Pathfinder Second Edition bestiary.