'Round the beggar from Varassa all sat in a ring,
and by the campfire they sat and heard his song.
About walkers and wolfkin and every terrible thing,
and of his fear he sang to them all night long:
"There is something beyond the mountains,
beyond the howls beyond the mist,
there is something behind the veils,
behind hearts cold as stone.
Hearken, something walks and whispers,
walks and lures you in and whimpers:
Come to us, for this earth shall ever be ours and ours alone!"
The official system for playing the multiple award-winning Forbidden Lands RPG by Free League on Foundry VTT.
Free League have now officially endorsed the system, and we have been working to provide official content to enhance the experience (see below).
- Created by Perfectro and Patrys. Maintained by aMediocreDad, Jimorie and Giant-Teapot.
The core system features no content. It provides support for various mechanics required to play the game:
- Character, and Monster sheets.
- Including the ability to drag-and-drop Gear, Talents, Spells and Critical Injuries.
- Integrated consumables roll mechanics.
- Automation through Roll Modifiers and Encumbrance tracking.
- Stronghold Sheets.
- Giving you the ability to track the buildings, hirelings, and resources in a stronghold through drag-and-drop.
- Party Sheets.
- That's right! The much beloved party sheet is now part of the system, and it gives you full control of those Journeying activities.
- Character Generator.
- The system features the character generator found in the Legends & Adventurers booklet. This lets you easily create fully customized characters on the fly.
- Gear — General equipment needed for adventuring.
- Weapon — Choose whether it is a normal weapon or an artifact.
- Armor — Armor rating, and track how to get your hands on some defense.
- Talent — Talents for characters. Helps you survive.
- Spells — Store information on powerful spells.
- Critical Injuries — Track those pesky injuries caused by monster attacks.
- Monster Attacks — For detailing vicious monster attacks causing critical injuries.
- Monster Talents — Monsters also have talents.
- Raw Materials — For building your stronghold.
- Stronghold Buildings — For ease of tracking the buildings in your stronghold.
- Stronghold Hirelings — Track wages, and capabilities of your stronghold's hirelings.
- Roll Modifiers can be customized on many items so you don't need to remember whether something gives you a bonus, or penalty, to your rolls.
- Calendar is automatically set up with the "Calendar/Weather" module installed, so you can effortlessly track the seasons' coming and going in game.
- The system is also compatible with the "Tokenizer" module, to help you set up tokens for your characters.
- Finally, the physical dice you can find in the boxed set are integrated if you are using the "Dice So Nice" module. Their digital recreation is courtesy of Tomasz 'jarv' Dobrowolski.
(The preview shows content from the official modules.)
Should you wish to populate the system with game content for your own use please purchase the rules from Free League Publishing.
Or better still, purchase the Core Game Module and one of the adventure modules.
Don't want to set up the game from scratch? The official modules contain all relevant content from the books organized for your enjoyment and to let you begin play immediately.
Purchase the official modules from Free League:
Forbidden Lands: Core Game
Forbidden Lands: Raven's Purge
Forbidden Lands: Bitter Reach