Vaesen Core Rulebook
In dark forests, beyond the mountains, by black lakes in hidden groves. At your doorstep. In the shadows, something stirs. Strange beings. Twisted creatures, lurking at the edge of vision. Watching. Waiting. Unseen by most, but not by you. You see them for what they really are.
Welcome to the Mythic North – northern Europe of the nineteenth century, but not as we know it today. A land where the myths are real. A cold reach covered by vast forests, its few cities lonely beacons of industry and enlightenment – a new civilization dawning. But in the countryside, the old ways still hold sway. There, people know what lurks in the dark.
They know to fear it.
Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying is based on the work of Swedish illustrator and author Johan Egerkrans, Vaesen presents a dark Gothic setting steeped in Nordic folklore and old myths of Scandinavia. The game mechanics use an adapted version of the award-winning Year Zero Engine.
This module contains:
- 50+ Actors (NPCs, Vaesen, Animals)
- 100+ Journal Entries (Lore, Rules and Art)
- 300+ Items, ranging from Gear to Magic, and Talents
- 38 Rolltables, with everything from Locations to Critical Injuries
- 5 Scenes - Including the Locations for the Included Dance of Dreams Mystery
Purchase this module:
This module is to be used with the Vaesen System.
Published by Free League Publishing.
Purchase at the Free League webshop.
© 2021 Fria Ligan AB and Johan Egerkrans.
Required Game Systems
- Vaesen Latest Version: Version 2.2.16 Last Updated 2 weeks, 2 days ago
- Content Packs