SWADE Immersion Module (SWIM)
☮️ Peace in the World, or the world in pieces! 🕊️
If you are enjoying this module and want to show your appreciation, please consider a donation:
Current Features & Macros
SWIM offers a plethora of useful features and macros with a strong focus on immersion and convenience. Here is a not exhaustive list of current features & macros:
- Spending a Benny (includes the animation if Dice So Nice! is activated),
- becoming Shaken and rolling to Unshake (respects Edges like Elan and Combat Reflexes as well as Special Abilities like Undead),
- applying Wounds and rolling to Soak them (respects Edges like Elan, (Un-)Holy Warrior and optionally Gritty Damage) including the incapacitation roll,
- becoming Stunned and rolling to Unstun (respects Edges like Elan and Combat Reflexes),
- removing Fatigue and Damage (no need to open the sheet) and rolling for Natural Healing (also respects Edges like Elan and Fast Healer, Special Abilities like Regeneration and even Items that remove Fatigue or Wounds),
- removing Fatigue and healing Wounds of other tokens/actors, even without permission to edit them,
- a raise calculator in the left hand token controls sidebar,
- combat setup button in the left hand token controls that addsa all tokens of the current scene to the combat tracker,
- starting a combat playlist when combat starts, pausing all other playlists (supports a way to exclude a folder of playlists (i.e. for ambient playlists) and resuming all these playlists (stopping the combat playlist) when combat stops,
- rolling on the Fear Table,
- marking Tokens as Dead,
- a common bond macro that gives one of your bennies to your target,
- replacing the chase setup button of core SWADE with the (fully configurable) chase setup from SWIM (including handy chase layouts with rules written on them),
- rolling for falling damage,
- a macro to summon and dismiss creatures/allies,
- a macro to shape change into other forms,
- set up unique sound effects for becoming wounded/shaken, unshake, soak and becoming incapacitated for each actor individually,
- set the worlds round time to 6 seconds (temporary implementation until the system does this by itself),
- some core conditions get functionality, most noteworthy are holding and torch (adding/removing them executes a function appropriate to the condition),
- Power Effect Builder to set up active effects for almost every duration power in the core game, maintained by the caster who also gets the ability to cancel the power,
- and many more.
Most macros are configurable and support sound effects and sometimes video efects to increase immersion (this can be turned off). SWIM already ships a number of sound files but the GM can set up their own. All of the macros and features aim to follow the SWADE rules to the letter. Here are a few example [top left to bottom right: Soaking Damage, Healing Wounds/Removing Fatigue, 4x Rais Calculator, Shape Changing, Summon crature]:
(Video effects and assets are not included, the maps seen in the pictures are created using assets created by Forgotten Adventures, the video effects are created by JB2A. Some token art is created by PEG Inc. and the Adellos GmbH.)
You'll find all the macros in a new compendium delivered by the module. It contains all the macros. You can either import the macros or replace the code of your existing macros. Once that is done you can start using them although I strongly suggest taking a look at the module settings. There are quite a few which might be interesting for you.
Please read the entire ReadMe, as it contains important information on how to use this module: ReadMe
Also take a look at the Wiki which holds information that enables you to use SWIM to its full extent: SWIM Wiki
The Code of the macros and modules is licensed under the GPU 3.0 License.
The SFX is used with permission and may use another License (see Assets section in the ReadMe for details).
Some macros contain SWADE rulings in a way that the macros execute them and sometimes include short notices. They do not contain detailed information about the rulings. This is Licensed under the Savage Worlds Fan License.
“This game references the Savage Worlds game system, available from Pinnacle Entertainment Group at www.peginc.com. Savage Worlds and all associated logos and trademarks are copyrights of Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Used with permission. Pinnacle makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, viability, or suitability for purpose of this product.”