Buy It Now!
The Immaterial Plane presents Ryan Macklin's Backstory Cards for Foundry Virtual Tabletop, officially licensed from Galileo Games!
Backstory Cards blend your characters and setting concept into an intriguing set of relationships and history. It’s tailor-made for games where the player-characters already know each other—from fantasy adventurers to star marines, from supernatural beings who share the same city to global-hopping troubleshooters.
This deck of cards works well with most roleplaying games, including GM-less ones. It also includes how to directly integrate Backstory Cards into Fate Core and Fate Accelerated’s character creation.
For a more enhanced experience with your Backstory Cards sessions, we highly recommend downloading the free Backstory Cards Techniques Guide which contains tips on how to workshop answers to prompts and flesh out your setting elements and elaborates further on the basic instructions included with this purchase.
About the Module
This module can be used with any game system for Foundry Virtual Tabletop, which is required to use this software. Foundry VTT requires a Foundry VTT license.
The module includes:
- Interactive Journal Entries for prompt cards as well as Journal Entries for List of Tags, Player Tips, GM Tips, Arrow Diagram, Prompt Card Anatomy, and Instructions.
- Module settings for creating a mixed deck with expansion packs and excluding cards with unwanted tags.
- Rollable Tables from which you can draw prompt cards from the core deck as well as a Mixed Deck Rollable Table for mixing with purchasable expansion decks.
- A Scene that includes a fillable Setting Grid and table drawing for arranging PC tokens to use with the Arrow Diagram.
- A Macro for drawing prompt cards from Backstory Card Rollable Tables, including installed and activated expansion packs for Backstory Cards.
- A Macro for randomly selecting a PC or setting element.
Upon purchasing this module, you will receive a content key on the Download Page that can be used to gain access to the module.
Visit the Premium Content page on the Foundry VTT website for instructions on how to activate and install the module using your content key.
Expand Your Collection
Want more Backstory Cards to add to your deck?
Expansion #1: Distant Worlds, Unseen Threats, & Wicked Shadows
Expansion #1 includes 45 genre-specific prompts for science-fiction, horror, and noir intrigue.
Expansion #2: Even More
Expansion #2 gives you Even More (literally), which expands on the core deck and the themes presented in Expansion #1.
Expansion #3: Setting Elements
Expansion #3 contains Setting Elements, a set of 40 cards providing inspiration for defining unique Individuals, Groups, Places, and Events as well as Motivations! Each card includes randomly selectable Traits or Roles to help you enrich your setting elements.