Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition
Archives of the Empire: Volume 2
Just North of Altdorf, not far from the village of Frederheim, the cult of Shallya maintains a Hospice. Behind its imposing walls, troubled souls receive succour, and a lucky few find respite.
One of its denizens, the ‘Lady’ Isabella, worries her carers. Her quill is ceaseless, though few can say what she writes. Despite the best efforts of the hospice staff, strange missives continue to appear in her room. Could there be some truth to her claim that she is collating a truly wondrous collection of writings?
Surely it can not be the case that she is who she claims to be — one Princess Isabella von Holswig-Schleistein, sister to Emperor Karl-Franz I. Some are beginning to wonder…
Welcome to Archives of the Empire: Volume II. A fascinating and diverse collection of articles on topics that cover the length and breath of the Old World. This second volume focuses on those towering walls of muscle and fat, the Ogres, who hail from the Mountains of Mourn but make their home across the Empire and indeed the world. Volume II details new locations, careers, and NPCs perfect for inclusion in your next WFRP adventure.
Archives of the Empire II includes:
- Ogres of the Empire: Two chapters dedicated to Ogres, their place in the Empire, and their place at the gaming table. Included are three new careers, including the fearsome Ogre Butcher, who wields the magic of the Great Maw with bloody intent.
- Star Signs and Astrology: Some say their fate is written in the stars, while others find their future in the gutter. This chapter provides a description of the star signs that dot the heavens of the Old World, along with the meaning that people invest in them.
- Magical Items: Though magic items are rare in the Old World, they are coveted and powerful things. This chapter provides rules for generating magic weapons, armour, and stranger devices.
- The Great Hospice: A retreat from the perils of the world, the Great Hospice provides a refuge for those who need it — and can afford it. Just north of Altdorf, the Hospice is a detailed location with maps, NPCs, plot hooks, and more.
- Theatre of War: Though combat is a common feature of WFRP games, open warfare is rarely explored. This chapter provides rules for creating a cinematic battle in which competent Characters can influence the outcome.
Archives of the Empire II provides another varied collection of excellent and entertaining expansions to any gaming table. Packed with lore, NPCs, and exciting adventure hooks, this collection will kickstart your next adventure in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!
This Foundry VTT module contains:
- Archives of the Empire II, complete with illustrations, integrated into Foundry, and searchable from within your Virtual Tabletop.
- 2 full colour maps of the Great Hospice, including pinned locations describing GM only and player information.
- 7 Journal Entries (totalling 60 Journal Pages) that detail a fascinating and diverse collection of articles - including; Ogre lore, creating Ogre characters, Astrology and Star Signs, Magical Artefacts and their creation, the Great Hospice and its inhabitants, and Mass Combat rules
- 15 Actors from the Empire, ranging from fearsome Ogres to patients and staff of the Great Hospice.
- 107 Items including Ogre careers and their gruesome equipment, deadly magical artefacts, terrible war machines, and portentous Star Signs
- 25 Rollable Tables for creating Ogre characters, determining Star Signs, and generating magical artefacts
- 4 Macros for generating unique magical weapons, armour, and spell scrolls!
- Special integrations such as seamlessly integrating Ogres and Star Signs into character generation or creating and using armies for Mass Combat
The WFRP Core Module is required for full functionality and is to be used with the Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition System
Published by Cubicle 7
Purchase at the C7 Webstore
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd. © Games Workshop 2020