This module adds options to play DnD 5e on FoundryVTT using the metric system.
- Adds "meters" and "kilometers" as options for Range and Target units on items, features and spells. Also adds "meters" and "kilometers" as options to define actor Movement/Speeds.
- New scenes are automatically set with measurements in the metric system (each square in the grid represents 1.5m)
- New actors are automatically set with movement speed equal to 9m and dim sight of 9m.
- Players with GM ou Assistant GM roles have access to a measurement converter at the top of any actor sheet. This converter is capable of converting values and units of items, features and spells of an actor. (If your sheet's title bar is crowded, you can disable the converter button in the module settings)
- Changes the label "lbs." to "kgs" and adjusts the encumbrance calculation of actors to the metric system, using kilograms. (Disabled by default. Must be enabled in the module settings. Also enables a weight converter in the same way as the measurement converter)
Updated to work with version 0.7.9 of FoundryVTT and with version 1.24 of the 5th Edition System.
The module is available in the Add-on Modules list to install with the name
Metric System for D&D5e.
Add-On Modules option click on
Install Module and place the following link in the field
If the above options do not work, download the metric-system-dnd5e.zip file and extract its contents into the
Once this is done, enable the module in the settings of the world in which you intend to use it.
Required Game Systems
- DnD5e Latest Version: Version 1.3.6 Last Updated 5 months ago
- Translation and Localization
- Actor and Item Sheets