The Deserts theme from The MAD Cartographer!
This module pack contains:
- 16 unique battlemaps complete with dynamic walling, lighting, native canopy elements, and ambient audio.
- A 4 staged, phased map that progressively develops as combat continues. (This functionality requires Kayelgee's Token Attacher module)
- Tiles for use in your own maps.
This map pack features a collection of locations suitable for desert campaigns - ranging from desert cliffs, to bazaars, temples and lost oases. All maps are 140ppi webp images, for the best balance of quality & performance in a VTT setting.
Maps included in this product:
- Desert Skeleton - The skeleton of an unusual beast, long since thought extinct, straddles this dune. Someone has erected a tarpaulin over it to get shelter from the sun.
- Desert Canyon - The struggling remnants of a stream trickle along the dried-up river bed, leaving a gorge carved through the dunes until the rains return.
- Desert Cliff - At the reach of the desert there is finally water, though in a cruel trick of fate it is saltwater. Tall cliffs provide an abrupt transition from the desert to the ocean below.
- Desert Shrine - In the midst of the sands is a single unmoving rock tower than many have relied on for navigation over the years. At the base of the rock is a cave entrance, said to lead to a shrine honouring the forgotten small gods of the desert.
- Desert Sandtrap - Inside the cave mouth of a small desert shrine, lies a tiny cloister carved into the sandstone. Desending down into the earth, several chambers contain enchanted braziers, deadly traps, and ancient treasures of the empire that used to rule over this land before it became a desert.
- Desert Spa - A lavish and palatial set of chambers, constructed with exotic stone not native to the region. Water trickles out of an ornate statue in the centre of the chamber, before cascading down an intricate layered waterfall. Several chambers sit off to the side of the chamber, for private meetings or discreet rest and relaxation.
- Dune Sarlacc - The maw of an ancient and unimaginably large titan of the desert protrudes from the sands. All who enter its maw are destined to be slowly digested over the passing years. A variant of this map is available with a floating skiff hovering nearby the maw.
- Desert Temple Entrance - A pass through the desert cliffs finally arrives at the entrance to a lost city. Those who are able to open the grand doors may have a chance to claim the ancient treasures within - if they choose wisely. A Day/Night variant of this map is available.
- Desert Road - A sand-choked and forsaken path winds its way through one of the hotter, more inhospitable parts of the deep desert, whilst the dead husks of dried-out trees preside from the cliff tops like long-dead sentries.
- Desert Summoning - Four maps make up this dynamic, progressing battle map scene. Three huge pylons of gold and emerald hover above a segment of the desert. As the ritual progresses and the pylons power up, the scene gradually shifts to reveal a titanic skeleton coming to life and gradually emerging from the sands. A fantastic map for a climactic encounter!
- Desert Bazaar - A bustling market in one of the few settlements braving this region. Shaded wooden canopies hang above, as merchants cool themselves whilst peddling their wares.
- Desert Oasis - A rare pool of fresh rainwater provides a brief respite in the desert. Is this oasis all that it seems? And if so, are you the only ones stopping to slake your thirst?
If you have any questions regarding with this module pack, or want to join the MAD community you can join our Discord server!
How Does the Patreon Integration System Work?
All you have to do is log into your Foundry VTT account and link your Patreon account. If you support the creator at the correct tier you'll be able to install the module using the normal Foundry VTT package installer. Here are the steps to link your account:
- Support The MAD Cartographer's Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/themadcartographer
- Log in on the Foundry VTT website: https://foundryvtt.com/
- Edit your profile here: https://foundryvtt.com/me/edit
- Link your Patreon account at the bottom of the page if you haven't already.
- Verify The MAD Cartographer shows up under https://foundryvtt.com/me/subscriptions. If The MAD Cartographer does not appear as expected under your "Subscribed Content" page of your user profile, you may need to Refresh your Patreon link using the 'Refresh' button next to your linked account name.