The Badlands theme from The MAD Cartographer!
This module pack contains:
- 41 unique battlemaps spanning 14 scenes, complete with dynamic walling, lighting, and ambient audio
Maps in this product:
- Geyser Plateau - A cluster of rocky outcrops far out in the wilderness, where superheated water erupts out from the earth due to volcanic activity, causing an unexpected oasis of life and vegetation in the middle of the arid wastes. Pools of mineral-rich water have formed, and stream billows out from the geysers periodically, showering the hardy trees and flora in warm water. The rocky outcrops can be scaled to get a better sense of your surroundings. Variants for this map include Day/Night, with/without the trees, and a variant where a crude waterpark and café have been constructed on the site by an enterprising adventurer!
- Canyon Camp - A long ravine that has become a travel route for many of the wanderers in this region who are seeking to avoid the heat of the sun. High above, a natural rock bridge stretches over the canyon. A group of tracks and rangers have established a small outpost here, and have even constructed a crude elevator, which (when it works as intended!) can save days of travel on foot. Variants for this map include Day/Night, the bottom/top of the gorge level, and with/without the encampment atop the ravine.
- Destroyed Caravan - Whether it was a merchant caravan, an important dignitary, or something else - this caravan now lies in ruins. Wagons are shattered, horses slain, and cargo scattered around the area as crows circle overhead. A pile of bodies burns nearby - Perhaps being laid to rest by adventurers, or a measure by the bandits to avoid identifying the dignitary they kidnapped?
- Mystery Canyon - A winding serpentine, filled with a shallow stream carrying rainwater down from the highlands after an unexpected deluge. Tall walls of sandstone loom overhead, and many clinging trees and plants sprout from cracks and crevices on the cliff walls. A sage is said to live in this canyon - keeping themselves away from the world. Their encampment can be found on the river bend. Variants for this map include Day/Night, and with/without the camp.
- Broken Chains - A canyon coming to an abrupt end, with looming cliff faces overhead. A pair of collossal manacles lie shattered on the floor - the entity they were used to bind no longer anywhere to be seen. A large rune of blood has been painted across the area. Is it waiting to be activated? or has it already served its dark purpose? Variants for this map include Day/Night, with/without the blood rune, and with/without a natural rock bridge nearby.
- Death Pits -A large tar pit spanning dozens of feet, in the middle of secluded scrubland. The collosal remnants of an enormous mammoth (and an even more ancient beast) lie preserved across the tar, having been picked clean over centuries or millenia. Enterprising heroes can clamber over the bones, or pass beneath the enormous rib cages to traverse the pit. This map comes with Day and Night variants.
- Gorge - A series of maps spanning a Badlands canyon, with many variants available. A wide canyon stretches across the map, with rises on either side. Down below, the bottom of the canyon can be seen. Will you find another route, or climb down and risk finding what lurks below? This map include variants for with/without a bridge, with/without a river, and day/night versions of all.
- Meat Market - On a bluff overlooking the surrounding canyons, a small cluster of huts and shacks has grown over time. Pens and enclosures for animals and wild game are found, and a slaughterhouse shows them being prepared for sale or consumption. Is this a pit stop on your trek through the wastes? Or have you sought this place out to try and free a captured animal companion before they are sold on? This map includes variants for day/night and with/without the buildings.
- Old Mines - An enormous cavern, formerly a busy mine that supported much of this region - now lies abandoned. Unreliable minecart rails snake through the tunnels, and treacherous scaffolds for the miners rot underfoot. Clusters of rare gems still protrude from many of the walls in the deeper caverns, suggesting this mine wasn't exhausted ; but was instead abandoned abruptly. A blank variant of this map is available.
- Runaway Rails - Deeper within the old mines, much of the tunnel has sank into a rising lava bed below - but the tracks remain supported. Now, a terrifying minecart track extends out over a lava-filled chasm. Variants of this map exist for 1,2 or 3 minecart tracks.
All maps are 140ppi webp images, for the best balance of quality & performance in a VTT setting.
If you have any questions regarding with this module pack, or want to join the MAD community you can join our Discord server!