A Flock of Ferocious Monsters for 5th Edition!
DM: “Inside the chest, you find a handful of potions.”
ROGUE: “Ooh! I’m going to take a taste. Let’s see what these—”
DM: “As you unstopper the first one, the potion itself leaps free of the bottle and attaches to your face.”
WIZARD: “Gah! I should have listened to my father and become a rug merchant!”
Whether you need creepy crawlies to haunt the dark places or sinister visitors to make your favorite fantasy city come alive, Tome of Beasts III has what you’re looking for! From swamps to arctic tundra, mountains to deserts, and coastlines to badlands, every region is fully represented.
Over 400 new foes for your 5th Edition game, Tome of Beasts III brings you: giants, zombie lords, and oozes — Oh my … there's more!!!
- Void knights and breakwater trolls
- Dusk deer and fiend lords
- Prismatic dragons and royal chimeras
- Stained glass moths and voidclaw zombies
- Tar golems and witchwillows
- Kobold drake riders and hellfire giants
…and much more!
This conversion for Foundry VTT includes:
Fantastic Creatures: Over 400 unique and setting aqnostic critters with unique portraits, tokens, biographies, and lore to expand your world. Every piece of art is high resolution and optimized for delivery over the web so it looks as good as your imagination.
- Details at Your Fingertips: Every attack, ability, resistance, vulnerability, and special feature available in full detail with a click from any character sheet.
- Build Your Own Baddies: Easily select from the over 2,800 features, items, or abilities available from existing creatures, drag and drop them onto a new critter, and build out your own fantastic creation.
- Wide Variety: Many longtime Kobold Press favorites such as clockwork creatures, drakes and dragons, devils and demons, dangerous flavors of the fey, loads of plants that just want to eat you, and much more!
- Easy Summoning: No more rooting through the Tome of Beasts III to find the creature your character is summoning. Just click on the creature from the description and it pops up!
- Dynamic Abilities: Toggle certain effects on or off — change AC, add a d4 to rolls, and much more.
- Speed Up Combat: With just a few clicks, you can make an attack, roll for damage, request a saving throw, and apply damage or healing to a creature. You can even automatically track resource usage for things like legendary actions and resistances.
- Spend More Time Roleplaying: Nothing breaks immersion quite like having to find the right die and remember the correct modifier in the middle of a tense scene. With a single click, you can roll any ability check regularly or at advantage/disadvantage and it automatically adds the correct values.
- Meta-Gaming Protection: Easily send descriptions of abilities to the chat that don’t give away the mechanics or roll privately to keep your players waiting with bated breath.
Use these creatures in your favorite published setting or populate the dungeons in a world of your own creation. Pick up Tome of Beastsand give your players an encounter they won’t soon forget!
Purchase in the Kobold Press Store
Requirements: A licensed version of Foundry Virtual Tabletop, the DND5e – Fifth Edition System game system installed in Foundry, and latest Dynamic Action Effects module.
What is included: A premium content registration key. See for additional details.
Foundry Conversion: Clayton Thomson