Journal Anchor Links
A library module for Foundry VTT that provides Journals with long desired page anchor links, similar to how it is supported in HTML.
Implementing this library in your module/system is easy:
- Add it as a dependency in your manifest file (
Alternatively you can download the files and use the
lib.jsin your module.
- The module initiates itself if added as a dependency, else you will need to make sure you declare
scriptproperty of your manifest file (see Foundry's description of a manifest if uncertain).
- When writing journal entries use the
Headingsin the TextEditor's Rich Editor. Heading 1 through 6 are supported (or
<h1>..<h6>if you prefer).
- To begin linking, you write the link syntax like normal (
@JournalEntry[My Journal Entry | SomeId123]), but you add a hash
#after the title/id and then the heading you want to link to.
- Like so:
@JournalEntry[My Cool Journal#Secrets].
- If done right, the resulting link should look like this:
:icon:My Cool Journal: Secrets.
If you like what I do, consider keeping me awake at night!