Heliana’s Guide to Monster Hunting
Track ‧ Hunt ‧ Craft
Like monster hunting? Love crafting? Then pack your *grill of barbecuing*, ‘cos this is the 5th edition supplement for you.
Hunt master, inspirational speaker, and badass barbecuer Heliana has compiled a catalogue of creatures that need slaying. These unique twists on classic monsters are divided into 11 easy-to-run monster hunt adventures, each playable at a variety of levels. Investigate the creatures to find their weaknesses, prepare your plan of attack, then unleash your fury with brand-new spells, weapons, and player options.
In paper form, this book is **600 PAGES** - double the size of a normal book!
Read on to learn what over 20,000 Kickstarter and Backerkit backers are psyched about!
New Content for 5e
This module brings a hoard of new content to your 5e game! At this moment, it contains five of the hunts in Heliana's Guide, standalone one-shots (well… more like two or three shots!) that are overflowing with gorgeous art, motivating storylines, and deadly boss battles. Each hunt has the following:
- Three different levels of play, with combat balanced for each!
- A wanted poster and three fully-illustrated clue handouts to help your players prepare for the battle ahead.
- A boss monster (or two!); a reimagined take on a classic, like the suneater owlbear or magnetite dragon.
- A deadly three-wave boss battle replete with unique lair actions.
- Tokens for every enemy!
- At least ten magic items that can be crafted from the boss.
- One or two gorgeous battlemaps by the likes of Cze & Peku and The MAD Cartographer.
The module also includes the compendium for each of the book's appendices, allowing you to pick and choose the elements you want for your campaign from:
- 62 magic items, with rarity variants bringing the number over 100, and more to come.
- 68 new spells.
- 49 dangerous creatures, with more to come.
But wait, there's more! We're working on updating this module to include all of the content from Heliana's Guide to Monster Hunting. Here's what you can expect being added to it soon:
- Rules for Harvesting fallen foes.
- A system for Crafting items using harvested monster components.
- A ruleset for Tracking and over 200 random encounters!
- 10 flavourful races.
- 9 new subclasses for your standard classes.
- A new class: the Tamer, complete with 4 subclasses and a plethora of adorable familiars!
- A ruleset for Cooking and over 20,000 unique combinations of effects! (Not a typo!)
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 1-20 (11 hunts, each at one of three levels, spanning the range of levels 1 to 20)
Length: ~70 hours if you play each hunt at one level. ~200 hours if you play all three levels.
Activate the product key on your Foundry account, then install the module from the Premium Content category in on the Foundry module installer. Hunts are set up as prepackaged adventures, which can be installed from the "Heliana's Hunts - Adventures" compendium.
Bug, Typo, and Technical Issue Reporting
We have two ways to report bugs or technical issues. You can head to this google form which we check periodically. Alternatively, the Loot Tavern Discord server provides the fastest answers; head to the #helianas-questions channel to ask your question!
Beta testing has ended for Heliana’s Guide, but we still want to hear your feedback, whether it be a typo, a balance thing, or a feature you think could improve the Foundry VTT experience. For any comments regarding this, head to the Discord server and give us your thoughts in the #helianas-typos-and-feedback channel.