2021/May/24 releases now target 0.8.5+
0.2.63 (0.7.9 compatible) is available to install via the module.json from https://gitlab.com/tposney/dae/raw/079/package/module.json
You do not need to use DAE for most of the active effect funcitonality to work. You might choose to use it if you want one or more or of:
- Automatic Armor calculation
- The ability to reference other fields in active effect calculations (core only allows numbers or strings)
- The ability to change more fields on the characters
Help My DAE disappeared this is almost always because your dnd5e version is out of date. Update dnd5e.
DAE adds some features to core Active Effects.
- Transfer effects (item linked) are enabled/disbled according to the following rule
- If the "Always Enabled" flag is set on the item the effect is enabled.
- If the "Enabled on Equip" flags is set on the item and the item is equiped the effect is enabled.
- Otherwise if the item is attuned and equipped the effect is active.
- The ability to reference actor data in effect value definitions. i.e. @abilities.dex.mod.
- An extended set of custom fields, like all of the traits.
- The ability to update derived fields, such as abilities.dex.mod
- A slightly extended active effect editor that provides a list of valid fields, a drop down list of options and drop down lists for restricted fields
Do read the reamd.md on the gitlab, it has lots of information and some of it might not make you less confused.
Required Game Systems
- DnD5e Latest Version: Version 1.3.5 Last Updated 1 week, 6 days ago
- Automation Enhancers
- Actor and Item Sheets