An Epic Magazine for Fifth Edition on Foundry VTT
Crucible Magazine is an exciting full-color magazine available in Foundry VTT physical print, and digital PDF (which is also included if you purchase the Foundry or Print copies) that is made for the fifth edition of the world’s greatest tabletop roleplaying game!
Taking our cues from the magazines of the past, but putting in our own modern twists, each issue will contain over 90 pages jam-packed with unique game-ready content for the whole table!
- Are you a DM lacking time to prepare each session and want fully fleshed-out adventurers that are ready to run?
- Wish you had more marvelous magic items and monsters with stunning artwork at your fingertips?
- Are your players always looking for those new class options to fit exactly the kind of character they want to play?
- Do you love Foundry Virtual Tabletop and want to get a supply of game-ready adventures, monsters, magic items, and narrative ideas?
Crucible Magazine provides all of that… and more!
Issue 003: Mysteries & Mishaps
WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?
Three Fantastic Adventures with over 25 Beautiful Battle Maps
This issue includes 3 brand new adventures perfect for a wide range of levels and each one is complete with dramatic battle maps, unique creatures, interesting NPCs, beautiful artwork, custom items and a deep lore that you can use outright or pick and choose pieces of it to flesh out your world.
The Adventures Ahead of You:
- Secret of Rose Manor: An abandoned manor home is rumored to hide a noble paladin's lost treasure within its walls, protected by the spirits of his deceased family.
- A Night on the Alexandrian Express: An arcane clockwork train is hurtling through the Astral Sea and carrying passengers pulled from space and time. The clock is ticking to discover a killer before an eldritch being drains the train of its arcaner power.
- The Roguelight Lamp: An elder Djinn lies imprisoned within his own lamp by a powerful chaos elemental. The lamp's denizens find themselves trapped in an infinite loop of life and death.
Our content is made by Foundry VTT users for Foundry VTT users and our detailed maps are made with Foundry VTT specifically in mind, utilizing precision walling, dynamic lighting, ambient sounds, core canopy features as well as placed journal entries to quickly reference area descriptions and details. We use a number of popular modules such as Token Attacher to create interactive puzzles (complete with hidden DM notes on how to use them), Monk's Active Tile Triggers, Token Scroller, and Compendium Folders.
Brand New Subclasses
This issue brings a brand new subclass for Artifi-.... Gadgeteers and Warlocks!
The Ghost Buster - Gadgeteer
Enterprising gadgeteers may study the afterlife and paranormal, and take it upon themselves to prevent ghosts from harrying the living. The Ghost Buster has developed several abilities to achieve this goal!
- A Recorporation Ray to force intangible spirits into a temporarily solid form.
- A Containment Field to create a barrier inpenetrable to the undead.
- Cross the streams and unleash an Arcane Overload from your equipment for massive damage against the undead.
The Possessed - Warlock
When a mortal with great enough force of will meets their end, their animus may persist beyond death. A mortal may find themselves bonded with and empowered by such an errant spirit
- Allow your patron ghost to temporarily possess you and grant their Ethereal Guidance.
- Utilise the haunting power of your Patron spirit with a Daunting Soul, rendering enemies immobile.
- Allow your guiding spirit to help you slip the bonds of your physical form temporarily via Spectral Discorporation.
The Possessed also comes with roll tables to help indecisive players identify their Patron Ghost, Ghostly Tenets, and the Flaws of their Ghost.
Supplements, Plot Hooks, Magic Items and More!
- The new Oceanic Dwarf subrace
- 'Adventuring Days' random events through mysterious, spooky locales
- Mythic encounter statblock 'Kaoberus, the Tempest' complete with statblock, back story, and tactics.
- Supplement for new player lineage option 'Reaper Marked' for characters forever changed by a brush with death.
- 'Death's Head Moth Society' - A supplement for uncovering and creating this mysterious faction, and seeding their presence throughout your games..
- M'nzeeps Market of Minor Magics - Dungeon delvers wont want to miss out on these minor magics; drop them into any game without worrying if they'll be overpowered
Extra Exciting Content in the Magazine
Outside of the Foundry VTT playable content in the PDF and printed magazine, we have our 3-page graphic comic Legends Of The Freelands: The Forgotten Warrior!
Buy this issue for Foundry VTT or print, back issues, and even pre-order future issue bundles from our webshop now!
Are you ready for an adventure?