An Epic Magazine for Fifth Edition on Foundry VTT
Crucible Magazine is an exciting full-color magazine available in Foundry VTT physical print, and digital PDF (which is also included if you purchase the Foundry or Print copies) that is made for the fifth edition of the world’s greatest tabletop roleplaying game!
Taking our cues from the magazines of the past, but putting in our own modern twists, each issue will contain over 90 pages jam-packed with unique game-ready content for the whole table!
- Are you a DM lacking time to prepare each session and want fully fleshed-out adventurers that are ready to run?
- Wish you had more marvelous magic items and monsters with stunning artwork at your fingertips?
- Are your players always looking for those new class options to fit exactly the kind of character they want to play?
- Do you love Foundry Virtual Tabletop and want to get a supply of game-ready adventures, monsters, magic items, and narrative ideas?
Crucible Magazine provides all of that… and more!
Issue 002: Underworld
WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?
Four Fantastic Adventures with 13 Beautiful Battle Maps
This issue includes 4 brand-new adventures perfect for a wide range of levels and each one is complete with dramatically detailed battle maps, unique creatures, interesting NPCs, beautiful artwork, custom items, and deep lore that you can use outright or pick and choose pieces of it to flesh out your world.
- The Black Skull Necropolis: An ancient Dwarven Necropolis has been infiltrated by a Necromancer who seeks the secrets within. The group must dodge traps, fight the undead and solve ancient puzzles to beat the Necromancer to the powerful artifact housed deep within the Necropolis.
- The Forgotten Sewers: Between a pair of missing lycanthrope children, demons trapped in an abandoned cultist lair, and a brutal war brewing between underworld factions, a lot is going on beneath the Scented City. Is it possible to achieve peace before the dams burst open and the city floods with sewage and war?
- The Holy Heist: A disgraced elven monk is on the run after stealing a powerful holy relic from a monastery and losing it in a card game to one of the Freelands' most notorious crime bosses. Now he's planning a heist infiltrating the Allure Casino, a highly secure establishment that's almost impossible to access, let alone burglarize - in an attempt to recover the artifact.
- The Chase: A crime lord is pursuing thieves who stole a valuable relic from his vault. A prison break that leads to a high-stakes hunt across the city. An influential guild figure has been assassinated, and now the rest of the guild is hot on the killer's heels. Whatever the reason for being involved in a chase, this adventure can be used in all of them. The Chase is part adventure, part supplement - providing you with all the tools you need to run your own Chase encounter within an existing campaign or as a one-shot!
Our content is made by Foundry VTT users for Foundry VTT users and our detailed maps are made with Foundry VTT specifically in mind, utilizing precision walling, dynamic lighting, ambient sounds, core canopy features as well as placed journal entries to quickly reference area descriptions and details. We use a number of popular modules such as Token Attacher to create interactive puzzles (complete with hidden DM notes on how to use them), Monk's Active Tile Triggers, Token Scroller, and Compendium Folders.
A Brand New Subclass
This issue brings a brand new subclass for Paladins - The Oath of Thieves!
Oath of Thieves - Paladin
Paladins who take the Oath of Thieves disregard a lawful life, but follow the tenets of their god to honor their power and safeguard their own. They believe that those with wealth are those with the power - You must take from theirs to truly increase your own.
- New oath spells dedicated to empowering and augmenting your skullduggery prowess.
- A new Channel Divinity feature to allow you to blend in with the crowd and pass unseen.
- Use the divine gifts of your deity to vanish from danger and reappear safely nearby.
Player Options, Plot Hooks, Mythic Creatures, and DM Supplements!
- Brand new urban feats to customize your characters to fit in with the shady underworld or inner city.
- 'The Blood Board' provides quests and plot hooks for your players.
- 'Build-a-Guild' - A supplement for creating your own Thieves' Guild for your players or NPCs to operate out of.
- 'Legendary Mythics' - Atropys the Brunnmigi, our first mythic tier monster with a poisonous personality!
- M'nzeeps Market of Minor Magics - Our minor magic items are ideal for skulduggery and shenanigans, drop them into any game without worrying if they'll be overpowered
Even More Exciting Content in the Magazine
Outside of the Foundry VTT playable content in the PDF and printed magazine, we have our 3-page graphic comic Legends Of The Freelands: The Forgotten Warrior!
Buy this issue for Foundry VTT or print, back issues, and even pre-order future issue bundles from our web shop now!
Ready for an adventure?