An Epic Magazine for Fifth Edition on Foundry VTT
Crucible Magazine is an exciting full-color magazine available in Foundry VTT physical print, and digital PDF (which is also included if you purchase the Foundry or Print copies) that is made for the fifth edition of the world’s greatest tabletop roleplaying game!
Taking our cues from the magazines of the past, but putting in our own modern twists, each issue will contain over 90 pages jam-packed with unique game-ready content for the whole table!
- Are you a DM lacking time to prepare each session and want fully fleshed-out adventurers that are ready to run?
- Wish you had more marvelous magic items and monsters with stunning artwork at your fingertips?
- Are your players always looking for those new class options to fit exactly the kind of character they want to play?
- Do you love Foundry Virtual Tabletop and want to get a supply of game-ready adventures, monsters, magic items, and narrative ideas?
Crucible Magazine provides all of that… and more!
Issue 001: Rising Tides
WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?
Four Fantastic Adventures with 8 Beautiful Battle Maps
This issue includes 4 brand-new adventures perfect for a wide range of levels and each one is complete with dramatically detailed battle maps, unique creatures, interesting NPCs, beautiful artwork, custom items, and deep lore that you can use outright or pick and choose pieces of it to flesh out your world.
- Temple of the Clockwork King: A pirate king seeks an ancient artifact hidden in a jungle temple and protected by a clockwork guardian, and tricks the characters into daring the puzzles and traps to bring him the treasure.
- Curse of the Sea Wraith: An undead kraken roams the oceans under the command of a cursed crew seeking souls to feed an immortal curse. If they don’t find a way to escape, the adventurers will find themselves added to the ever-growing pile.
- Ballad of the Bonny Bard's Booty: While hunting for buried treasure, the adventurers find themselves attacked at sea by pirates and shipwrecked aboard a jungle island.
- Horror of the Deep: A wealthy archeologist petitions the characters to help them investigate an ancient ruin beneath the sea. What they find is a horror-filled prison hiding an ancient evil that can threaten the entire material plane.
Our content is made by Foundry VTT users for Foundry VTT users and our detailed maps are made with Foundry VTT specifically in mind, utilizing precision walling, dynamic lighting, ambient sounds, core canopy features as well as placed journal entries to quickly reference area descriptions and details. We use a number of popular modules such as Token Attacher to create interactive puzzles (complete with hidden DM notes on how to use them), Monk's Active Tile Triggers, Token Scroller, and Compendium Folders.
Two Brand New Subclasses
This issue brings a brand new subclass for Bards and Clerics. Each subclass is configured to automatically apply all of your new class features as you level up so there's no pesky bookkeeping as your players grow stronger.
College of Full Sails - Bard
Life on the sea can be an arduous one. Hard work and toil under an unforgiving sun, creatures who view a crew of sailors as nothing more than another option on their menu, and attacks from pirates (or privateers) are all real and true hardships that accompany a career on the ocean. It would be all too easy for spirits to wane under the weight of these ever-present burdens. But for those crews fortunate enough to contain a bard from the College of Full Sails, a waning spirit is never an option.
- Bolster or shield your allies using a reaction
- Sing a restorative shanty to renew your allies and reduce their exhaustion
- Stopper death, with the option to utilize your bardic inspiration for extra benefits
- Invigorate your allies to unleash extra attacks using the power of inspirational song.
Black Salt Domain - Cleric
It’s been said that mortals should be wary of staring too deeply into the void for fear of what they may find peering back from that ceaseless darkness. But what of those souls who focus their gaze not beyond the distant stars, but into the inky, roiling depths of the infinite ocean? More free-ranging shamans than dogmatic priests, clerics who join the Black Salt Domain are not answering the divine call of any single deity, but heeding the cacophony of siren-like whispers that rise from the unknown depths of the seas.
- Natural benefits and advantages to altering self to an aquatic form
- Channel the Tides of Weal and Woe to reap a number of benefits to bolster your allies
- Unleash the power of the depths against enemies that are struck by your spells and attacks.
- Wear down your foes, using the cold ocean spray to sap away at their agility and vitality.
Marvelous Magic Items, More Player Options, Plot Hooks, and Supplements!
- The new Oceanic Dwarf subrace
- 'Adventuring Days' random events to throw at your players on the high seas
- 'The Blood Board' provides quests and plot hooks for your players.
- 'Port Mercy' - A huge supplement for the coastal town - adding factions, locations, NPCs, and map art
- M'nzeeps Market of Minor Magics - Our nautical-themed selection of minor magics, drop them into any game without worrying if they'll be overpowered
Even More Exciting Content in the Magazine
Outside of the Foundry VTT playable content in the PDF and printed magazine, we have our 4-page graphic comic Legends Of The Freelands: The Forgotten Warrior, our “Dear Direlords” informative agony aunt round table, and in this issue an in-depth interview with the team behind Heliana's Guide to Monster Hunting!
Buy this issue for Foundry VTT or print, back issues, and even pre-order future issue bundles from our webshop now!
Ready for an adventure?