An Epic Magazine for Fifth Edition on Foundry VTT
Crucible Magazine is an exciting full-color magazine available in Foundry VTT physical print, and digital PDF (which is also included if you purchase the Foundry or Print copies) that is made for the fifth edition of the world’s greatest tabletop roleplaying game!
Taking our cues from the magazines of the past, but putting in our own modern twists, each issue will contain over 90 pages jam-packed with unique game-ready content for the whole table!
- Are you a DM lacking time to prepare each session and want fully fleshed-out adventurers that are ready to run?
- Wish you had more marvelous magic items and monsters with stunning artwork at your fingertips?
- Are your players always looking for those new class options to fit exactly the kind of character they want to play?
- Do you love Foundry Virtual Tabletop and want to get a supply of game-ready adventures, monsters, magic items, and narrative ideas?
Crucible Magazine provides all of that… and more!
Free Launch Issue: Lairs
WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?
Four Fantastic Adventures with 9 Beautiful Battle Maps
This issue includes 4 brand new adventures perfect for a wide range of levels and each one is complete with dramatic battle maps, unique creatures, interesting NPCs, beautiful artwork, custom items, and a deep lore that you can use outright or pick and choose pieces of it to flesh out your world.
The Adventures Ahead of You:
- Sea Giant Cove: A terrible sea giant is sinking merchant vessels at the behest of a fearsome pirate lord that threatens all of Hopewell Harbor.
- Prison of the Arachlex: An interplanar ship crash landed on the material plane and its few living passengers have built a laboratory to get home but their experiments have created abominations and their corruption is spreading to the outside world.
- Draxorn Delve: Head deep into the tunnels of a long-dormant volcano where a mining operation has dug too deep, trapped their miners, and unleashed a host of elementals with something even worse waking up below.
- The Heavenly Horde: A blood-thirsty new warlord who wields the weapon of a fallen celestial has united their tribe under the banner of war and is becoming a threat to nearby towns.
Our content is made by Foundry VTT users for Foundry VTT users and our detailed maps are made with Foundry VTT specifically in mind, utilizing precision walling, dynamic lighting, ambient sounds, core canopy features as well as placed journal entries to quickly reference area descriptions and details. We use a number of popular modules such as Token Attacher to create interactive puzzles (complete with hidden DM notes on how to use them), Monk's Active Tile Triggers, Token Scroller, and Compendium Folders.
Two Brand New Subclasses
This issue brings a brand new subclass for Wizards and Rangers. Each subclass is configured to automatically apply all of your new class features as you level up so there's no pesky book keeping as your players grow stronger.
School of Summoning Wizard
Many wizards dabble in the conjuration and summoning of powerful creatures, but devotees of the School of Summoning are the only ones who have truly mastered the art. Known as summoners, they are experts in the mystical binding of elemental powers and fiendish pacts between demons and devils. While other wizards struggle with controlling their minions, summoners have an indomitable will that bends even the most obstinate to their wishes.
- Summon increasingly more powerful creatures to serve you
- Gain access to new spells for expanding your pool of all these
- Redirect damage to or from your familiar
- Create an Archon Familiar to serve you in any form
Dungeon Strider Ranger
Dungeon Striders are rangers who dedicate themselves to traversing the dungeons and catacombs that are left behind in the wilderness. Whether hired by remote villages to ensure that ancient ruins are cleared of dangerous creatures or by adventuring parties seeking glory within underground corridors, Dungeon Striders spend a majority of their lives braving precarious structures and clearing deadly hazards that other rangers will never have to face.
- Gain preternatural skill at finding, disarming, and setting traps
- Expand your senses to detect oozes, monstrosities, molds, and slimes
- Expend a spell slot to reduce the damage of traps for you and your friends
- Delve tirelessly with a shortened 4 hour long rest
DM Goodies: Plot Hooks, Magic Items, and other Supplements
- Brand new backgrounds to customize your characters complete with traits and tables to help flesh out their unique personalities
- 'Adventuring Days' random road encounters throughout the course of a single day's travel, including an Enhanced Encounter battle
- 'The Blood Board' provides quests and plot hooks for your players.
- M'nzeeps Market of Minor Magics -Fun, quirky, and useful minor magic items that you drop into any game without worrying if they'll be overpowered
Even More Exciting Content in the Magazine
Outside of the Foundry VTT playable content in the PDF and printed magazine, we have our 4-page graphic comic Legends Of The Freelands: The Forgotten Warrior, our “Dear Direlords” informative agony aunt round table, and in this issue an in-depth interview with the Luke Gygax!
Buy this issue for Foundry VTT or print, back issues, and even pre-order future issue bundles from our webshop now!
Ready for an adventure?