Play Legendary Monsters Today!
Never before have players been able to play such legendary monsters in their DnD 5E games, such as mimics, slimes, and intelligent weapons... until now! With Roll for Combat's Battlezoo Ancestries Year of Monsters, a series of 12 legendary playable monsters will be released throughout 2023 for PCs and GMs to insert into their DnD 5E games, with a huge variety of options and unique new abilities.
Purchase the Battlezoo Ancestries: Year of Monsters Today!
From the mind of Pathfinder 2nd edition co-creator Mark Seifter, who brought you playable dragons and playable dungeons in the previous Battlezoo Ancestries volumes, Year of Monsters delivers a new and unusual monster race each month for a full year for 12 in total, plus a compilation book at the end with additional bonus content that you can discuss with the developers and help decide!
This bundle includes:
- 13 updates to the module throughout 2023, each of which will include a new race each month and then the year-end condpendium with updated and expanded races!
- The inclusion of the 13 PDFs — one for each race as well as the year-end compendium.
- 13 packages of all digital assets released throughout 2023.
- Invitation to a private meeting with the developers every month to provide feedback and thoughts on each race for the year-end compendium!
With Year of Monsters, you'll get to play the following new races in 2023:
- Demons: Formed of sin, demons are usually doomed to an eternity of evil. But demons who turn their back on their abyssal power source can forge their own destinies. You might call yourself redeemed, or you might find that term demeaning and choose your own path, even if it leads you back to evil.
- Doppelgangers: Little sows distrust in a group more than the hint of a doppelganger's presence, but some doppelgangers defy the expectation of sociopathic shapeshifters. You might seek to understand and forge your own identity, and perhaps even to get the world to recognize it... or you could be just another sociopathic shapeshifter. The choice is yours.
- Dungeons Expanded: Play as a dungeon! No, really. Your extradimensional dungeon's core manifests an avatar who can go adventure or enter your inner dungeon to learn secrets and unlock new power.
- Gremlins: Mischievous tinkerers specialized in traps, tricks, and bad luck, gremlins are usually malicious fey. Those who seek to buck the trend and become adventurers can put their talents to use wreaking havoc on their foes.
- Intelligent Weapons: You're an intelligent weapon, and life is good. Using one of several methods, you've managed to get yourself a body, and now you can go on adventures just like you always planned!
- Oni: Ancient kami who fail to protect their ward, whether through negligence or simple bad luck, are punished horrifically with a tantalizing eternity of watching with the world out of reach. Those who reject their torment can form new bodies and become oni, typically under the patronage of evil forces who seek to bind the new oni to a life of selfish pleasure. But what if you reject that too and choose your own destiny?
- Mimic: Some mimics dream of something more than sitting around in a dungeon pretending to be a chest until someone gets greedy. Pursue your dreams as a mimic adventurer! You can always go back to chest mimicry as a fallback career.
- Minotaurs: Bull-headed humanoids with natural cunning and a way of navigating labyrinthine problems, minotaurs defy society's expectations. Different minotaur heritages allow you to potentially start as a Medium or Large character.
- Nymphs: Fey embodiments of the beauty of natural places, nymphs are often tied to a particular natural feature, like a dryad to their tree. For one of a number of reasons, you've severed that link and survived, now free to wander the world instead of being bound to one place.
- Sidhe: Sidhe are the hidden nobility of the fey, typically living in secret settlements deep in the faerie realm and rarely deigning to visit the realm of mortals. You have defied your society's expectations and ventured out to the mortal world, a strange place where logic works differently than you expect.
- Slimes: Slimes are oozes who develop a nucleus capable of adapting new special abilities. For your slime, those abilities included sapience, allowing you to grow and learn, as well as form a vaguely humanoid body when necessary.
- Stheno: Stheno are a newly-formed race of snake-haired medusakin, created by a benevolent goddess's grace. With some members of the first generation of sthenos still alive today, sthenos represent a different roleplaying experience than most races, as they're still trying to carve out their cultural identity.
Explore an entire Year of Monsters throughout all of 2023:
- One new race will be released each month throughout all of 2023 with your Foundry module automatically updated every month.
- Each race is designed to provide a unique playable monster for any DnD5e game.
- At the end of the year, the Battlezoo Ancestries: Year of Monsters Compilation book will be released, containing all the previous entries, plus more!
This module is to be used with the DnD5e Game System system.
Published by Roll For Combat.
Purchase at the Battlezoo Online Shop.