Folders are available for organizing user created material across most of the application's sidebars. Their function is identical in all place, allowing for quick creation of documents in them, and using drag-and-drop functions to move items quickly.
The Create Folder button allows you to create a folder in the sidebar/directory where it appears. This will pop up the folder creation dialog, prompting you to give the folder a name (required) and optionally set a folder color. Once created, you can drag and drop documents from the sidebar into the newly created folder to organize them as desired. You can also click on folders to expand them, showing all of the contained documents, or click an expanded folder to collapse it, hiding the contained documents.
Clicking the Folder icon ( ) on a folder itself will open the folder creation dialog, allowing you to make a new subfolder. This subfolder works identically to all other folders.
New Document in Folder
Clicking the Create New Document icon ( ) on the folder itself will open creation dialog related to the document type associated with that folder (actors, items, scenes, etc.), allowing them to be automatically placed into that folder.
Folder Context Menu
Right clicking a folder allows you to access a number of specific functions that manipulate the folders and its content. They are:
- Edit Folder ( ): This options allows you to modify the folder, changing its display name, setting a folder color, and determining what default sorting method it should us.
- Configure Permissions ( ): This options allows you to configure the permissions of the folder to decide what level of user can see the documents within. This uses the same permission guidelines found in the Users and Permissions article.
- Export to Compendium ( ): This will prompt you to select an unlocked compendium that matches the type of document contained in the folder, allowing you to export the contents of the folder to the selected compendium.
- Create Rollable Table ( ): This option creates a new rollable table using the contents of the folder. It will prompt you for confirmation before doing so.
- Remove Folder ( ): This option deletes the folder and drops all contained documents into the directory instead of deleting them. If the folder was in a folder, it places the documents in that folder instead.
- Delete All ( ): This option deletes the folder and all of its contents.