FOUNDRY VIRTUAL TABLETOP END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Updated February 09, 2020
As a purchaser or authorized tester of this software, you are granted license to install and use this software if you agree to all of the following terms:
- You may install the software on multiple computers but the software may only be actively in use on one installed location at a time unless you purchase additional licenses.
- You may create backup copies of the software for personal archival purposes but you may not distribute those copies.
- You may not lease, sell, or lend access to the software or its license for indirect or direct financial gain. Sharing access to the software with a friend or family member is permitted, provided other terms of the license are upheld.
- You may permanently transfer your license to use the software to another party who will become bound by this agreement. To transfer your license you must inform and receive confirmation from the original licensor in order for the transfer to be valid. You may not retain any copies of the software.
- You may retain ownership of any personal data created within or used by the software, even if you relinquish or transfer your license to the software. You bear the sole responsibility to uphold any user agreements, licensing terms, or terms of service related to that content.
If you do not agree to the terms of this license please uninstall and remove all copies of the software from your computer and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a proportionate refund.
This software is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. We retain all intellectual property rights in the software. You may not separately sell, market, distribute, lend, lease, rent, or sublicense the software including its license key. You may not separately publish any portions of the software except under the provisions outlined in the following section regarding authorized module development. This license is not to be construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law.
LIMITED LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MODULE DEVELOPMENT
As a purchaser or authorized tester of this software, you are granted license to develop software packages which extend the functionality of the software if you agree to all of the following terms:
- You may create packages, which include game systems or add-on modules, which reference or duplicate portions of the software code. Publication of packages which reference or include software code and function in the absence of the base software is not permitted. Including portions of software code is only permitted strictly as is necessary for proper functioning of the package.
- You may distribute these packages for public or private use provided they require valid and licensed ownership of the software in order to function.
- You are allowed to sell, lease, or rent independent licenses to package content provided that content adheres to fair use sanctioned by copyright law.
- The publication of package content is bound by the terms of the most recent available version of this agreement found on the Foundry Virtual Tabletop website. Any modifications of this policy shall not retroactively alter or revoke the rights given under the previous limited license. When you publish changes to an existing package, it becomes bound by the most recent terms of this agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms of this license, you may not publish package content. Any existing packages that were created under a previous version of this agreement may remain published provided they adhere to the license terms under which they were published.
We warrant that purchased copies of the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product specifications on the Foundry Virtual Tabletop website at the time of purchase. We have taken reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, back-door entrances, or any other harmful code.
When requesting to install updates to the software, your license key, host location, and acceptance of this agreement will be recorded in order to verify your authorization to obtain software updates. Apart from this case, the software will not track or collect any information about you, your data, or your usage of the software.
The software will not download or install patches, upgrades, or any third party software without first obtaining your permission. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the software or access your data. We do not warrant that the software, or your ability to use it, will be uninterrupted or error-free.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at our option, either a full refund of the purchase price or correction of the defective software. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement.
If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect. This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
This agreement does not supersede any express warranties we made to you. Any modification to this agreement must be agreed to in writing by both parties. This agreement will apply from the date of the installation of the software.